Can't Rename Start Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would definitely deal with implementing code into the windows taskbar source. That is, if you are wanting to do what I think you want to do... for example (instead of start, it says emmynem)? if this is what you want to do, I'm almost possitive that there is a patching prog out there somewhere that allows you to do this. But as far as changing it through windows properties dialogues, I'm nout sure if it's possible. Good Luck though! http://www.google.com

This is actually possible, without any special knowledge of programming.

BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER, BACK UP EXPLORER.EXE AND PREFERABLY YOUR SYSTEM! THIS CAN SCREW UP WINDOWS! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HAPPENS! DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I read somewhere that you can open up explorer.exe in notepad and on line 2390 you will see the characters "S t a r t". You can replace it with any FIVE (it MUST be EXACTLY 5, the same number of letter in start) letters. BUT the spaces are actually not spaces, so DON'T TOUCH THEM. They have a value of 0, your spacebar has a value of 32. Delete and replace the letter one by one. Save, reboot, and it should work. If it doesn't, I'm not responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom