can't ping the Ethernet card

Status
Not open for further replies.

floreflora

Beta member
Hello,

I got a connection problem. I was told that the Ethernet card of my computer could be broken.

1.Three weeks ago, all of a sudden, I got a connection problem (Error 619: unknown error).
2.Thinking my ancient computer could be the origin of the problem, I bought a new computer two weeks ago. But with the new computer, same problem !
3.When I ping the Ethernet card. ThereÂ’s 100% of loss (4 send, 0 received).

Some supplimental informations:
A.About the network cards, on the list of “network cards”, I have :
(1)network card 1394
(2)Intel (R) PRO/wireless 2200BG Network connection
(3)Intel (R) PRO/100 VE Network connection
(4)WAN/PPPOE/ADSL miniport
NOTHING abnormal shown on the list of “network cards” in the devices manager.

B.Firewall is not activated. The computer and the modem are connected via an Intel Wired Network adapter (and an Ethernet green cable). IÂ’m NOT using any wireless router or wireless adapter. No router between the computer and the modem. Only single computer connected to the internet.

C. The three LEDs on the modem are lit normally. IÂ’m using a BeWAN (thatÂ’s the name of the constructer) ADSL Ethernet modem.The exact model of the modem is BeWAN ADSL Ethernet ST. The type of modem cable is straight ethernet cable which came with the pack of modem.

D. I can't access to the modemÂ’s HTML menu by using the Detection wizard on a PC. It's search status is always "on progress" and no matter how long I wait, the message is never found.

E.The result of IPCONFIG/all. Perhaps it could inspire you something: (I tried to translate it from French into English)
Host name: ***
Principal DNS suffixe:
Type of noud: unknown
Routage IP activated: No
Proxy wins activated: No
Wireless connection Ethernet card :
Media statue: Media unconnected
Description: Intel (R) PRO/wireless 2200BG Network connection
Connection: physical address: ******
Local network connection Ethernet card:
DNS suffixe:
Description: Intel (R) PRO/100 VE Network connection
Connection: physical address: ******
DHCP activated: No
Address IP: 192.168.1.1
Sub net mask : 255.255.255.0

The fact that DHCP is not activated explains anything to this connection problem ?

I have read some articles but they seem not correspond to my case. Maybe somebody can tell me where I can find some more informations concerning this kind of connection problem similar to my case, so that I can try to resolve the problem by myself in stead of wasting too much the time of others.

Thanks a great lot !!!!!

So you don't have internet currently? You can't ping your own network card? Ping 127.0.0.1? All drivers installed properly? Can you ping www.yahoo.com? You said no firewalls? Sometimes they will obstruct pings. Besides those usual questions, you have me stumped. Maybe someone else can help more.

btw, network card 1394 is a firewire port ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom