can't host on garena, warcraft 3/dota

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwhite

Beta member
Hi,
router is thomson tg782,
i'm on windows 7 ultimate with windows firewall, no AV...
I got mass X ping in garena, about 70-80% people in room...
a week ago i was on windows XP + zonealarm and had the same problem and after doing everything possible I've clicked on my router "assign a public ip address to a device" and it worked!
I could host and people would see it:lol:

Then i decided to install win7, didnt change any settings on the router and got mass X pings again...

I currently have a static ip address that's outside DHCP range, router shows that ports 1513-1514 and 6112 are forwarded for my pc, router firewall is disabled
pf port checker says that ports are opened, but it cannot ping my router - donno if this means anything

I've tried:
assign that public ip address again = no effect
Tried with both firewall enabled/disabled and uPnP enabled/disabled. When firewall is on or off, resource monitor shows garena using 1513 and its all allowed...

w t f =)
help please!

So the ports are open on your PC, your PC has a static address, and Ports 6112-6119 are forwarded to your PC on both TCP and UDP? Have you checked in garena to see if its something in there?

Also, I am unsure, but Blizzard has stated using 3rd party utilities is against the EULA you agreed to when installing, which, here, breaking the EULA in any form is against the rules really.

Both UDP and TCP are opened yes..
In garena there are only two advanced options, use uPnP and select ports... it's the same if I select to use ports or not... :(

Donno about breaking any EULA rules, i've got original wc3.. bet I couldnt host on bnet aswell so i could just change the topic name if its against the rules =)

Wow there's an idea, gonna try host on bnet :)

edit - I hosted and so far nobody joined... I think its the same problem.. they cant see me
gonna try host some other games

Just gotta pipe in to say EULA is for noobs.

I really can't help you though. I tried using garena for l4d a few years ago, and it wouldn't work for me either.

Besides forwarding TCP & UDP 6112-6119 and 1513-1514, make sure your firewall is allowing both programs.

If it's still not working, you'll probably have better luck on Garena forums or playdota.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom