Can't get into recovery partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

stacymihalek

Beta member
Okay.. This problem started out about a week ago and sorry if I blab on a little to much about this one simple problem but I would like to describe it in much detail as I can so I get it right the first time.

I have a Toshiba Satellite L655 S5153. I run Windows 7, 64bit. I caught some kind of virus, it was driving me crazy. So I did a restore on it and once I did the restore, about 10 minutes into the new restore the virus came back. So while attempting to get into the recovery mode so I can just redo everything back to factory settings. I reformatted and sense then I been having all kinds of problems. After I reformatted I finally was able to get a hold of a Windows 7 disk but it was 32 Bit. Wasn't aware that a 32 couldn't run very well on a 64 especially with having to upgrade drivers and everything else possible.

I finally have the same Windows 7 Home Premium on it now which was on it before. Everything seems to be running great except I had to manually go and download drivers for the video card, sound card, network adapters and such.. Even though it is running good, I would still like to recover it back to the factory windows that came with it. I'm unable to get into the recovery partition. I have tried the F8 recovery deal, the hold the 0 deal, I have tried everything. This computer what so ever will not read the recovery partition. I know it's in there because while I was installing windows which was from a disk it showed me 3 partitions, one was the HDD Recovery, the primary, and there was another one which I have no idea what it is. But I can't get in there. What do I do? I'm thinking it's just corrupted and I'm sure there's a way of fixing it. IF anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it

Are you 100% sure you didn't install or format over the recovery partition? It should show in disk management.

My initial thought is you installed over it OR it truly is corrupt.

I have found that the factory recovery partition requires software from the original install. So if you installed windows from your own source (disc) then you can no longer use that recovery as the copy of windows you have now doesn't recognize it nor can it use it. Your best bet is to phone the manufacturer and request a dvd set to restore your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom