Cannot open folders in same window / AutoPlay doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I remember disabling AutoPlay previously once, but that doesn't really matter does it, since it was a long while ago, and currently autoplay is enabled.

Appreciate the help once more Mak, but sadly neither of the fixes have worked for neither of the problems. Its pretty annoying atm because as well as having to bother with a million windows up at the same time due to the explorer problem, I also can't watch a DVD on my pc. Anything else???

Does holding Ctrl or Alt stop Windows from opening in another Window?

There is nothing left. If you cant use a Restore point and none of the articles i have posted have helped your only choice is a reinstall.

Reinstall, once more? I've reinstalled this pc so many times since I got it its like a joke.

Isn't there any kind of free software that can restore registry settings ?

To Restore? No. Not without having a backup.

What software are you installing? It has to be something you have done or installed that has done this.

Well, the problems been going on for about 2 weeks or 3, and I haven't been installing any software that would cause such an issue. I guess it was some sort of virus or worm or whatever, but now that I used osiris' guide and got my HJT logs analyzed and he said all was fine, I would think the problem would be fixed.

What I was saying earlier is, is there some software that would ''fix'' my registry settings back to default or whatever. I mean, CCleaner has such a feature but it doesn't seem to solve any of my issues.

I've formatted this desktop about 4-5 times since I got it, and I've only had it for like 10 months, not even a year -.-

Isn't there like any good registry cleaners I can use, which will save me from a clean install, and restore my registry settings to default?

There is no software that can set yoru registry back to default cause there is no real default. If you restored it back to the time that you had originally installed Windows then all of the software you have installed since would not work and would have to be reinstalled. So basically it would be like starting over anyways.

Formatting 5 times in 10 months is not that much. that is once every 2 months. There is a topic around asking how often people reinstall. You will see that people reinstall up to several times a month. I personally reinstall at least once a month. So your experience is not unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom