Cannot install windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
Today I installed my new motherboard, CPU and RAM. When I go to install Windows 7 x64 the loading bar finishes but then it gets stuck on the windows flag. I don't know what to do.

I'm pretty sure It's a hardware issue since I've tried Windows 7 x32, x64, XP, and ubuntu. I've downclocked the RAM but it hasn't helped. I don't know whats wrong.

Take everything back to stock. If it still happens then it has to be your RAM or something else in which you will have to run MemTest to verify.

I reseated my CPU and I got passed the windows flag. I choose where I want to install windows and it says "copying files," it does that for about 5 seconds and then moves on to expand the files but it gets stuck because nothing got copied.

Is this an original copy or a burnt copy of the OS? If it is burnt by you, try burning it at a slower speed.

Had a similar issue with my install and it was being burnt too fast so the files weren't imaged properly.

I've tried different hard drives and different SATA cables and their has been no change.

It doesnt take long to copy the files but it does take a while to expand them. Your talking about 2-5GB worth of files to expand. Did you leave it on expanding to see if it goes any further? That step can take up to 30 minutes on some machines.

I did leave it on expand and nothing happened. I'm sure none of the files got copied because the copying step took about 5 seconds. I've tried different SATA configurations and cables and I can't figure out whats wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom