Cannot access ANY Microsoft website (Not sure if posting in right forum!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just installed the Virus Software I have on my laptop on my computer, and already it's found 59 infected files, so I'll get rid of those, and then try again, if that doesn't work, I will try your idea of:
This is my thinking as well. If you don't have access to another computer you could try finding your "hosts" file and renaming it (to "ghosts" perhaps) and try accessing the sites again. Your hosts file is probably somewhere like "C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts".

Thanks for all your help so far.

Okay; The Bullguard deleted the 59 files, and i renamed the file 'ghosts' but, i still can't access microsoft.com nor .co.uk - but hotmail etc are all fine?

If anyone has a link, which is in no way connected to the microsoft site to be able to download .NET Framework, for Service Pack 2, it'd be really helpful!

That still don't solve his virus/malware issue.

If you can, get to another computer, and get the guide and ALL software the guide requests you to install/run.

Also, do NOT be directing people to the bay, as there ad-server appears to have been hacked again and is passing out trojans, AVG and firefox just both freaked out upon clicking that link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom