Can someone help me Undrestand what I've done.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I've downloaded Linux Mint 17, GUI Installed it I think on a USB Stick thus now installing it proper on a Hard drive 160 GB. I used Linux Live USB Creator. I think I had Unpacked it on too the USB Stick and now I'm installing it on too the Samsung 160 SATA Drive. I had problems with Root File system not detected I think thats what it said. I'm half way threw the Install process now.

I selected " \ " .. and formatted the drive and allocated a swap file for the Memory on the Hard drive it self, the system said it needed too install a Swap file abit like what you would have in Windows as on board HDD memory.

What is it I've done in simple terms hear on the second hard drive in the tower.. Linux Mint 17 has installed a Boot loader on too the 500GB Windows drive at the beginning, and thus being or depending on what the configuration is in the BIOS i take it that's the order of the Boot process.

Can someone explain this in latent terms.

Edit: In Linux is everything user defined? Is everything customizable? Do I have too specify some sort or parameters for everything? It seems straight forward but when I was just installing Linux Mint 17 It was complex as Hell. How often do you update Linux? Manual or automatic?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom