Can only hear sound from 1 channel..Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Law

Fully Optimized
Been on this problem all weekend, my situation is that I am using an old Sony CCD-TRV138, it's an analog camcorder that records on Hi8 tapes. Now I am using this product from ADStech.com call "Video Xpress" http://www.adstech.com/products/USBAV-191-EF/intro/USBAV_191_intro.asp?pid=USBAV-191-EF

to capture my video to my computer. Basicly the camcorder only has A/V out which is a mono output port. The camcorder wires other end has 2 s-composite male which is yellow for video and black for sound. The video is fine, but the sound can only be heard on 1 speaker, I have already try this product from radio shack to connect my camorder to the ADS device http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...&cp=2032055.2032127.2032129&parentPage=family

But still the same result.

What I need is a simliar product like the one from radioshack but a mono to stereo conversation cable. Basicly I need the black plug to be put into the cable with the white and red plug into the ADS device.

Or is there an easier way by software to edit the sound so it can be heard on both channels? What free software would equalize the left and right channels for an mp2 file.

I'm making a VCD and DVD but the sounds on my TV only comes out from the right speaker and not the left and vice versa.

Anyone know if this will work? Is it meant for outputing or inputing, because I need it to input into the ADS device.

Law said:
Anyone know if this will work? Is it meant for outputing or inputing, because I need it to input into the ADS device.

no you don't. input into the computer via line in on the mobo

I can't, I would need a special adapter for that also. It's just more hassle. BTW I return the products, I'm now buying a digital camcorder with firewire port to transfer the Hi8 mm tapes into the computer. Thanks anyways.

Law said:

this will work. I read the post wrong the first time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom