Can I take a legal action against someone who hacked my account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akatsuki26

Beta member
Someone has hacked my (premium) account on a website, for which I pay 120$/year.

Can I take any legal action against that person? (He has not changed my password, but I know that he keeps logging in)

Thanks a lot!

I'd say contact your site admin, and if they have the evidence in the servers, then yes, you can. if there is no evidence that it's not you, well then it gets to be more complicated. more importantly, have YOU changed your password, all your "forgotten password" information, even change the email addy you have your password sent to? these are all basic to protecting yourself. I find it a good practice to change the email once a year, your password once a month or once every other month, never use words, nor sentences, and unless it's insanely large, max out the characters that the site allows for a password. use special characters !@#$%^&*()-_=+:;"'}]{{[|\ and alt keys if possible

Someone has hacked my (premium) account on a website, for which I pay 120$/year.

Can I take any legal action against that person? (He has not changed my password, but I know that he keeps logging in)

Thanks a lot!

If he hasnt changed your password go in and change it yourself before they do.
Make it a harder password to hack.....Problem solved..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom