Can I please have some help with my registry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khajitwarrior

Beta member
Hey.
At the moment I'm trying to install Fable 3 onto my laptop. It's a HP Pavilion DV6.
Specs
Processor: AMD A6-3410MX APU-Quad Core 1.60GHz
Graphics: Radeon HD Dual 2.00GB
RAM: 8.00GB, 7.48 Usable according to my Control Panel/System and Security/System,Menu.
Virus History: No external or unwanted programs or executable files in my computer since date of delivery.
Firewall: Always up, only port forward steam games and trusted programs. I don't trust Torrents.
Anti-Virus Software: AVG Free, Used to run Norton 360 when my silly mother thought It would be a good thing to put on her sons brand new computer before he'd even touched it.

The Issue: I have had many issues but I've broken the main one down to this...

Upon trying to run Dead Rising 2: Off the Record I had many problems upon launch. I forget which website I ended up on in the end, it was some forum some where. I blatantly read and did what some idiot said to do which was edit the path of the Registry directory of commonW6432Dir to the C: Drive. It would have been fine had I recorded the directory it was set to before I changed it, but alas... no. One of the many simple yet devastating mistakes anyone can make, even the most amazing tech experts sometimes fail to this devilishly simple yet evil manifestation that controls our minds into "not" thinking to write something down. Yet not all have made this mistake. So that's how I ended up here.
What is the default Directory of commonW6432Dir. If you know any other Registries that have to be set to a particular path for Fable 3 and Games for Windows Live to install please tell me and I will greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom