can I get LTE without a contract?

Jayteescout

In Runtime
My contract's up in June, and I really want to get the Galaxy S4. However they are $250 with a 2 year contract through AT&T. I dont have any money to spend myself. I think I will be able to convince my dad to let me get the S4 if I drop my data plan which would save him $600 over the next two years. And that's just for data, if I could drop the contract completely that would save $840 every two years.

This brings me to my next point: Are there Prepaid SIMs available for AT&T phones with 4G LTE? The closest thing I have been able to find was a Prepaid SIM with Straight Talk but its only for either unlocked phones or those compatible with T-Mobile.

If not an AT&T compatible prepaid SIM then is there any method at all which would allow me to connect to the LTE network with this phone that would be cheaper in the long run than getting a new contract with data?

Even if I would have to completely drop the contract and get the phone through a different company, or get it unlocked, as long as it's cheaper than $35/month for two years.

You can get 4g lte phones for at&t, virgin mobile, and verizon without a contract. Buying an S4 off contract is a pretty penny but you may be able to get 4g service on it depending on your area.

Check Walmart. Seriously, My cousin and her husband wanted a S3 but didn't want to pay what AT&T wanted ($199). They went to Walmart and got it for $40 on their current plan w/contract extension of course.

Looks like Wally World has the AT&T S4 for $168.

My contract's up in June, and I really want to get the Galaxy S4. However they are $250 with a 2 year contract through AT&T. I dont have any money to spend myself. I think I will be able to convince my dad to let me get the S4 if I drop my data plan which would save him $600 over the next two years. And that's just for data, if I could drop the contract completely that would save $840 every two years.

This brings me to my next point: Are there Prepaid SIMs available for AT&T phones with 4G LTE? The closest thing I have been able to find was a Prepaid SIM with Straight Talk but its only for either unlocked phones or those compatible with T-Mobile.

If not an AT&T compatible prepaid SIM then is there any method at all which would allow me to connect to the LTE network with this phone that would be cheaper in the long run than getting a new contract with data?

Even if I would have to completely drop the contract and get the phone through a different company, or get it unlocked, as long as it's cheaper than $35/month for two years.

AT&T does offer LTE on prepaid plans now

AT&T prepaid users can now get LTE, if they have the right phone | The Verge

but I think it'll still be the same price. If you have a smartphone AT&T will force you to buy a data plan. Not sure about prepaid, but it's better to be safe than sorry :tongue:

If you go pre-paid on AT&T, you will be spending at least $65 a month. That is their pre-paid data plan for Smart Phones.

Verizon will be about the same to get 4G LTE access. the $50 do not qualify for Smart Phones.

AT&T will not let you drop the data if you get any Smart Phone. That is not an option anymore. So if you get any device that is a Smart Phone and plug in your SIM card to it, they will add the data plan charges to the next bill. If you want it or not.

Back
Top Bottom