Can I game on a celeron M 1.73ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhwalker89

Beta member
I don't care to much about graphics, I'm not that hard core of a gamer. But there are a few games i would like to play. My computer has a Celeron M 430 with 1.73ghz. The ram is only .5 a gig now, but i'm upgrading it to a gig very soon. Its a brand new laptop with 128MB of shared video memory. I haven't done anything with its graphic or sound cards either. Really all I want is to play games without them lagging much. Is that possible on this machine? Thanks.

What video card do you have? It's probably either an ATI x200 or Intel integrated GMA.
You can play some games, nothing too crazy and you can't crank your settings. What games are you trying to run?
Also I think you could really benefit by looking into this site:
http://www.srtest.com/referrer/srtest
It tests your system with a java applet and checks the results against he requirements of a given game. Very useful site.

it all depends on what you want to play, video card is one of the main things that determines what you play. On an old system its was a 1.8ghz p4, 256mb 266mhz ram, and intel integrated video, couldnt play jack. I put a 6200 in it, i was playing unreal 04, half life 2 on mid, halo, age of empires 3. It was pretty decent, but once i got that baby to a 2.8ghz p4, and 1gb of ram, that thing was zoooommm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom