Caller ID for PC software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think about what your telephone is connected to. Is it plugged directly into a router, DSL modem, or is it connected to a telephone line? That's the same way the computer needs to connect in order to display caller ID information. So, yes, you need a dial-up modem for your computer.

Think about what your telephone is connected to. Is it plugged directly into a router, DSL modem, or is it connected to a telephone line? That's the same way the computer needs to connect in order to display caller ID information. So, yes, you need a dial-up modem for your computer.

Well, with vonage talk I am not using a dial-up modem and I am getting my caller ID displayed on my computer which is why I am asking the question.

As i have already said Phone Tray is not what you need. Check their site. Very first line on their site says this:

Yes, you can stay online without missing important calls when you are using dial-up internet!

You are not using Dial up. So therefor this program will not work for you cause it needs to be connected to a outgoing phone jack and to your PC.

So what they said is true. You would have to use a dial up modem if you wanted to use PhoneTray. I already gave you a search result for VoIP callerID software.

As i have already said Phone Tray is not what you need. Check their site. Very first line on their site says this:

You are not using Dial up. So therefor this program will not work for you cause it needs to be connected to a outgoing phone jack and to your PC.

So what they said is true. You would have to use a dial up modem if you wanted to use PhoneTray. I already gave you a search result for VoIP callerID software.

I know you did Mak and I appreciate the fact that you did.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom