Call of Duty: World at War?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it not competitive??

Its the second most frequently played multiplayer game on xfire.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

whilst im in the same arguement as you, i dont base competitiveness off xfire, the american scene isnt even half as big as the european scene in competitiveness and lans, which is a well known fact, and all the top european teams prefer cod4 because of its spectator friendly fast paced gameplay.

In UO you can sprint. CoD1/UO is really the only CoD that got high amounts of players right and you didn't have to worry about levels, unlocks, what "class" your using. Just picked a gun and went at it. There was also no wall spamming, breath-holder, didn't stay in scope when sniping, hit indicator, UAV, "noob tubes" etc. in the first call of duty which is why I think UO takes more skill and therefor more competitive. Now any idiot with a machine gun, deep impact, and bandoleer can just spam buildings waiting for the little cross to show that you hit an enemy. The least they could do is remove the indicator when you shoot someone through the wall. Not to mention UO was perfect to play 40-64 people with, not as many maps were as much as a cluster-f*** as the new ones are.

Call of Duty 2 was okay, but I went back to UO when 2 came out. Wasn't as good IMO. Being a heavy bolt-action user myself I do like the return in WaW.

why do you think promod is on cod4? it takes away all the skillles perks, whilst i do agree cod1/uo takes more skill but cod4 is more competetive

There are 2 kinds of FPS gamers.

1. People who likes fast-paced run'n'gun type of FPS (CSS, CA, TF2, UT, etc..)

Those ppl prefer CoD4 mostly.

2. People who looks for the realism (Older R6 Series, Regiment, Swat4, etc..)

Those ppl prefer CoD1/UO.

It's only the matter of your taste of FPS.
There are no definite answer for which one is better.

we are not saying which 1 is better, were talking about competitiveness -,-

ohh btw, css is far from a fast paced game, that games slow and all about tactics.

EDIT : sorry for the double post earlier vernong, was early in the morning and was in a rush :D

we are not saying which 1 is better, were talking about competitiveness -,-

ohh btw, css is far from a fast paced game, that games slow and all about tactics.

EDIT : sorry for the double post earlier vernong, was early in the morning and was in a rush :D

Haha its fine :D

As for the game I say its awesome.. especially if you got buddies coming over...

I MUST GET IT!

Does anyone else have a problem of getting disconnected from the server, after it loads up then freezes n then disconnects :S It's starting to really get to me now, seems i can't find any solution else where, nor play it online.

There are 2 kinds of FPS gamers.

1. People who likes fast-paced run'n'gun type of FPS (CSS, CA, TF2, UT, etc..)

Those ppl prefer CoD4 mostly.

2. People who looks for the realism (Older R6 Series, Regiment, Swat4, etc..)

Those ppl prefer CoD1/UO.

It's only the matter of your taste of FPS.
There are no definite answer for which one is better.

I don't think CoD1/UO would be for realism players. When I played it was fast pace like CoD4.

cod1/uo is no were near the pace of cod4 hense why it wasnt spectator friendly and didnt make it big in LANs.

They're very similar in terms of pace :/ otherwise CoD 4 wouldn't feel like a call of duty game at all, but it still does. I guess it's just a matter of opinion but I don't see why anybody would think that. Maybe the different gamemodes but idk.

They're very similar in terms of pace :/ otherwise CoD 4 wouldn't feel like a call of duty game at all, but it still does. I guess it's just a matter of opinion but I don't see why anybody would think that. Maybe the different gamemodes but idk.

well for one, cod4 has 3 main weapons in competitive play, and 2 of them are fast paced, ak 74u which you sprint, jump and hold down mouse1 to use, theres the ak 47 which people still run around like headless chickens with and then theres the scope, which obvously is slighter slower but not by alot.

Then we have cod1/uo, havnt played uo myself but i know its just cod1 with sprint, cod1 there was the mp44, B.A.R, Bren LMG, rifle and scope in competitive play, the B.A.R/bren LMG were both slow paced weapons due to the pace you walked whilst holding them, therefore slowing the game down, the mp44 was slightly faster paced than the B.A.R but not by alot, then theres the rifles and scopes which you just sat in 1 place, watched it and maybe looked at a different place every now and again.

i will show you some videos to prove my points :
vCod movie : e*star - The Italian Job - Wipido e*Star was one of the best teams in vCod which later renamed to WHOcrew and then renamed back to e*Star. If you watch the whole intro, thats just 1 round of a vCod game, thats how slow paced the game was, and most of the clips are the same in the video, some are slightly faster.

Cod4 movie : Stevy - 9Lives - Wipido tek9 are one of the biggest gaming org's going atm, and they had one of the best cod4 teams before cod5 come out, if you watch that video and compare it to the vCod one, you will notice how much faster paced it is

Cereal Killers 1.0 - TEK9 Networks that movie just has immense editing and most of the frags are amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom