C-media 8738 keeps Muting Very Confusing please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

NayNay1991x

PeugeotEnthusiast
hi , i have a C-Media 8738 PCI Sound Card GameSurround in my pc and everytime in the C-Media Mixer i unmute the sound and then when i go into sounds and audio devices in control panel it mutes it in there and this is becoming very irritating and very frustrating.. pictures below

This is the picture when the C-Media Mixer is muted and the Sounds and Audio Devices isnt Muted

This picture is when i Unmute it from Sounds and Audio Devices and then it gets muted in C-Media Mixer

i have tryed uninstalling the C-Media Drivers and reinstalled them but still makes the same mistake can someone help me from this problem?

C-media soundchips are infamous for their bad quality on drivers issues, I can know, cause I have one myself in this system >.<

What I had was that the BassEnhance and BassBoost features of my option menu kept getting unchecked, and I figured it was something in the register, I searched but I couldn't find it.

Lately I reformated my PC and I reinstalled C-media sounddrivers, and the registry settings seem to be good now..

Looking at the symptoms you mentioned, I'm affraid you'll need to reformat your bootdrive to fix it, or dive deep into your registry to fix it.

its all done what i had to do was go into Sounds and Audio Devices in control panel then unmute it from there and have the C-media mixer muted in that way i got sound kinda weird huh im getting a SB Audigy ZS Platinum soon though as long as its better than this.... this cards pretty good at givin good sound and in games... But thanks for your reply :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom