C&C generals choppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

badshooter

Solid State Member
when playing generals in skirmish mode the game gets really choppy and it not from the video I don't think. I have a 256 MB X1600PRO with a P4 2.8GHz, 1.25 GB RAM and SATA HD. I reformatted the hard drive and have nothing on it but XP and generals, it used to not do this, can it be a hardware problem?

Well, see. As you may know, earlier Command & Conquer games were plagued by gameplay bugs. As a result, for Generals, Westwood decided to program the game to do everything all the time whether it needed to or not, in order to lessen the probability of crashes.

Actually I have no idea. Sorry.

Exact Same thing Happened On the Ol Dell, But Since I don't Play the game, Nor use that computer anymore, I never cared to resolve the issue.

I guess you could try reinstalling and updating the game patch.

I also suggest reinstalling and updating to the latest patch. You'd be surprised how many problems doing something like that can fix.

I tried the latest update and it didn't help, what I don't understand is why it started doing this, it hasn't always been like this. BTW i can play BF2 without the choppiness, just the occasional hiccup from online gameplay I think.

In skirmish mode try changing the graphics to very low settings and see if the choppiness is still there. If it is, raise the graphics settings back up and lower the sound quality (or turn it off all together). This is to see if the performance problem is being cause by your gpu or sound card. If lowering the settings for one of them works, try updating your drivers for them and seeing if there is anything specific for this on the manufacturer's support site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom