burning 90 min. cd-r's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Dough

Solid State Member
My mixtape is well over the average 80 minutes of CD time you can get off a regular CD-R. So I have to get CD-R's that have a capacity of 90 minutes. I was gonna order these from a site, and their relatively cheap ($25 for a 100 pack), but someone told me that regular CD burners cant burn on 90 minute CD's for some reason. Has anyone ever made a CD on a 90 minute CD?

what, 90 minute cd-r's?

If thats the case, im willing to take that risk, as this is a very important project....

Do you need to burn it as an audio CD? I am assuming you do, but if you don't you can fit a whole lot more by burning it as an mp3.

Most older burners had a habit of overheating on long burns, and even newer ones have problems with very large files being thread through the buffer. The average burn-time max is based ont he average CD-R, which holds 74min of data, and so most burners are only tested to slightly above that. If you have a really good burner, you're probably okay. Don't take our word for it, though. If yer burner was dirt cheap, or is over a year old...yer at the mercy of fate.

Thats another thing... I keep hearing about "74 minutes", but CD-R's say 80 minutes.... ????????

Jon Dough said:
Thats another thing... I keep hearing about "74 minutes", but CD-R's say 80 minutes.... ????????

Depends on what brand you buy. Different companies produce different discs. Most are 74 or 80 minute disks. You can find ones that are smaller and larger in storage size, but those are most common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom