BSODS and errors just won't stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfish

Intelligent Metalhead
I've been experiencing BSODS consistently ever since I built my computer last August, with the exception of a couple months this past winter. It seems as if nothing I do will stop the stream of windows crashes. I have always experienced issues when overclocking my CPU, even by a slight amount, and buying a new 1100T BE processor did not change that. I'm suspicious that my RAM and/or mobo are to blame. I just ordered some better RAM from Newegg, so hopefully that will make a difference.

Anyways, I've had some success overclocking my GPU in the past, bringing it to a max OC of 930/1450 mHz. However, DirectX11 recently crashed, and my computer has been freezing when the screensaver comes on and it's been doing some funny things with the rest of my applications- e.g., when in iTunes, the window will get progressively blurrier for a second and then become clear again, repeatedly. I don't know if this is normal but I've never noticed it before. This confuses me, because I have not had any errors with my GPU in quite some time. I've been told to erase my old drivers, but I (stupidly) ignored these warnings because I didn't want to bother messing around with it. I realize that I need to do this, but I don't know if I'll ever get around to it.

I think my latest BSOD may give me some clues as to the problem(s). I just ran downstairs to look it up in the MSDN directory, but it's not there.
STOP: 0X135 (0xFFFFFFFFFcooooo1D, 0xFFFFF88oc9c3850...) (I only had space to write down the first two coordinates)
mfehidk.sys -Address FFFFF8800107E730 Base at FFFFF88001064000, date stamp 4d6e726a

I don't know how to read this, but if someone else can try to decipher it, I would be extremely grateful.

remove mcafee and try microsoft sedurity essentials or avast for a week or two, see if that makes a difference.

C:\windows\minidump > zip it up and post it or host it.

can we up attachments here?

I'll try to when I get my computer up and running again; I just returned upstairs to find another BSOD. This time:
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
STOP 0x4E (0x02, 0x06CAB4, 0x012FFFF, 0x01)

From everything I see about the 0X00000135 and the 0X0000004E error points to an incompatible driver with your system. So I would check to make sure that all the drivers you have are compatible with the version of Windows you are running.

Where do I download the driver sweeper from? I googled it and found Guru3D's download, but when I click "download now" it takes me to the bottom of the page where it says "select download location" and then no options are offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom