[BSoD] STOP: 0xF4 (0x3, ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NTICompass

Beta member
I am running Windows Vista Business x64 SP2. After rebooting, I got a BSoD. It went a little something like this:
STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xFFFFFA800AAF1C10, 0xFFFFFA800AAF1E48, 0xFFFFF80001EE68D0)

I am posting this from my Gentoo install on the same machine.

Here is what I did before the deadly reboot:
  • I used Microsoft AppLocale to load Vanguard Princess
  • I installed Hold 'Em and Tinker (2 games released as Ultimate Extras). I found 'patched' versions of these.
  • I am working on an NSIS installer that copied files to C:\Windows\Help\Windows, and might have accidentally ran the command "RMDir $WINDIR\Help\Windows" (from the uninstaller). From Gentoo, I can browse to this folder, inside is a folder called en-US, in that folder, there are files (so, I don't think I actually deleted anything).

I don't have any System Restore points, for some reason I disabled that.
I tried using the Vista Recovery Disc. It tried to auto-repair, and failed. It said "System Files Integrity Check and Repair. Failed. Error Code 0x2.

What do I do?

Well first i would say that reading our rules in regards to piracy and warez would be in order. Using "patched" anything is not allow to be talked about.

2nd i would say there is the start of your problems. Being "patched" doesnt guarantee stability or a working system after you install them.

So without any restore points, you will be stuck formatting and reinstalling.

Since there are matters that are against our site rules being discussed this topic shall be closed since i have provided the best solution we can offer.

closed2ur0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom