BSOD F4 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
problem fixed?

Thank you for all the input. Like I said, I can trouble shoot hardware pretty well, but, if the screen lights up with numbers and letters I get a little lost.

So, what have I done?

Well, driver max worked like a charm the second time I actually rebooted after installing the updates. Ram controller chip was one that caught my eye, usually I'd go 5 hours into a general use and putting medium stress on my ram and cpu before it would blue screen.

So. No problems that i've seen thus far, running programs like photoshop, quicken, word, several instances of firefox and fallout 3 without any errors.

Thanks a lot of the support, I appreciate it. I'd like to learn as much as possible in troubleshooting these things as I can, and this little instance has added to my learning experience.

You will have to forgive me, it's been a pretty long night since i started the thread, I stayed up most of the night downloading updates etc. I haven't had a blue screen since and i believe the problem is fixed. unless there is a way I can thoroughly check?

No true way to check if it is a driver problem as those are the worst kind of blue screen. They normally happen at random times no matter if you stress the system or leave it idle.

No true way to check if it is a driver problem as those are the worst kind of blue screen. They normally happen at random times no matter if you stress the system or leave it idle.

So far so good. MEMtest didn't find anything(that was a while). My friend had a BSOD error playing Fallout 3. That game is buggy.

It's extremely unlikely Fallout caused a BSOD. The game does crash often because of the size of its code. Only within Windows however. The game brought a different issue to the surface is more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom