BSOD F4 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
I've had a few BSOD errors for the past few days. Frequently between three days (machine idles with bit torrent and messenger on) to a few hours, roughly 5 hours max.

Here are a few I've gotten:
Bug Check 0x7: INVALID_SOFTWARE_INTERRUPT
Bug Check 0x77: KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR
Bug Check 0x7A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
Bug Check 0xF4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION

When I reboot, I can make it probably throughout the rest of the night with a max of hours(maybe 10+) without an error. I've checked out my gpu temperature, it's 60c. I don't know my cpu temp (I can check on request).

I've talked to a friend who is having similar errors in regards to the 8800 and nvidia drivers . I contacted kingston about the memory errors, they said they would get back to me 48 hours later(three days ago). Any one have any ideas? Maybe a problematic reinstall of windows xp? :D

alright, sorry for the late reply here. I actually ran drivermax, during some of the updating process I must have done some thing wrong. A repair got my instance of windows xp running again so i'm back to square one of updating all of my current drivers.

Install your drivers one by one and restart each time. Don't install them in a bunch. Also make use of Windows LKGC when it does crash.

Install your drivers one by one and restart each time. Don't install them in a bunch. Also make use of Windows LKGC when it does crash.

**** it jim, I'm a hardware techie not a software engineer!(yet), alright, do I google information on the LKGC? A lot of the things I pick up in the software bug check library is threaded error or software error.

So, I installed everything via driver max one by one, rebooted, etc. The system(at least now) seems more than stable from the first few weeks after my reboot.

I left the machine on for 11 hours from last night without running anything extensive(I left bit comet on for example). No BSOD's, no problems.

I installed a PCI Driver and Ram driver this morning, my asus driver disk is NOT functioning at all. I'll contact them for a new disk. Thanks guys for the information.

The major thing is that you never want to install Drivers in a cluster. The reason being that you could corrupt 1 driver with the install of a new driver if the old driver requires a system restart to get them working properly.

The major case is some onboard sound. They require chipset drivers to be installed first. But if you dont restar you will badly corrupt and fubar the system by forcing the sound drivers on before you restart.

If it is for driver installs and the system begs for a system restart. Do it. Best option.

There is no evidence of that. There is nothing to support hard drive failure. No noise, no data lose. Nothing to support hard drive failure by a long shot.

Heh kids these days... :rolleyes: It isn't the hard drive bob.

object LKGC stands for Last Known Good Configuration. So when you do run into a driver problem you can use LKGC to return to the point before the driver was installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom