BS in Info Systems and no jobs to be found:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeeker

Beta member
I just recieved my BS in Information Systems (looking to grow into network administration or network consulting, ideally) and have been looking for jobs, much to my dismay I have found that most job requirement include certifications and at least 2 yrs experience in the field. Even help desk positions seem to want "experts" which leaves little openings for newbies to get a foothold.

Unfortunately, like most MIS degrees they give you a wide overview from planning networks and theory to programming but little of it is in depth to the degree required by companies form what I have experienced.

I plan on getting certifications in A+, Net+, CCNA, MSCE, CNA, Linux+ over time, but is it possible to get in the door without them, I'm having a very difficult time, and any suggestions or comments would be much appriciated.

I feel for you. I have an associates degree in IT and I'm finding few jobs as well. But I heard that they can't get enough Its in places like Utah, so if your willing to relocate, I'm sure you'd find something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom