BS in computer information systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's the thing... I dont know what i want to be doing in the job/field out of college. But i do know that i dont want to do programming cus that just gives me a major headache.

I've been thinking to change my major to New Media instead of MIS but everyone keeps telling me to stay in MIS cus it's a broad field.

Like i said, i don't know what i want to do but i love computers and wouldn't mind working with them .... either fixing them or something.

maybe i need some enlightening or guidence lol :)

As far as internships. You can find some pretty decent ones in the comptuer tech support area within your college. I'm currenly interning as an ITS Technician at the University of Minnesota Libraries. Its good experience, and since its a state run school, they're pretty laid back on budgets and such.

or the manager of an IT dept.
thats not for CIS,here i think the BIS degree comes in..

which is not buisness school & its diiferent from MIS

some schools call it MIS (management information systems), which is in the business school.

and CS (computer science), which is in the science school.
Buisness Info. Systems is considered IT!
comes in between CIS & MIS i guess

*correct me if i'm wrong

I am currently pursuing my BS in Computer Science—I know that this degree will open up more opportunities for better salary, but I am more into web design. Either of the two degrees (CIS or CS) will get me to web design, I’m sure. I want to know just about everything, but I really want to work in web design. How is that industry? I mean, is it overloaded? Is it in demand, and is it practical?

CS is more math.... its basically ALL programming. = in the science school
MIS people can do programming also.

if you like web design, programming will help BUT...
imo, web design is about UNDERSTANDING people...

and how people work/use with a browser...

note: there are many areas when it comes to 'web design',
you should figure out which area you are interested in....
whether its in one, a few, or ALL...

this might sound a little greek to you, but do a little research to find out "What makes a successful website"....
then you will understand alll the "areas" of web development.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom