Browsing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sxxl66

Beta member
I have an issue that, I think anyway, might interest you guys.

I bought a new PC about a year ago. I am currently running Win7 Ultimate 64 bit. It came with factory installed Win7 Home Premium 64 bit.

The issue I am going to describe to the best of my ability has happened regardless of which OS/drivers/etc I have tried.

My internet works as it should when I use Internet Explorer 8. If I attempt to upgrade to IE 9 or any other browser, ie Firefox, Chrome, Opera, I will then begin to encounter browsing issues. Pages will fail to load, I will get various error messages. Hitting refresh will a few times does eventually solve the issue and I am able to view the page normally.

Rebooting, leaving the PC unattended for a time, standby (though I currently have this disabled) will all cause the issue to re-manifest itself.

Does anyone know the cause or better yet a solution to what I have described?

Feel free to ask me to clarify anything that may help you come up with a better answer.

Again this happened from straight out of the box to present regardless of software configuration.

Thanks in advance.

Try running CCleaner and see if that clears the problem up.

Welp I'm out of ideas :tongue: How about the registry cleaner built in to CCleaner?

Welp I'm out of ideas How about the registry cleaner built in to CCleaner?

I suppose I should have mentioned that I have tried most common remedies. The only thing I haven't done, and only because I wouldn't even know where to start, is messing with TCP/IP settings and things of that more advanced nature.

add-ons

Hi,

I guess it is a problem with one of your add-ons. Try again in on add-ons mode and if the problem goes away clean them from tools, internet options, programs.

Kind regards

Hans

Re: add-ons

Check your BHOs.

Huh?

I guess it is a problem with one of your add-ons. Try again in on add-ons mode and if the problem goes away clean them from tools, internet options, programs.

The issue occurs with or without add-ons.

Update: Downloading and running TCP Optimizer seems to have helped A LOT. I have no idea what settings this program changed but it made a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom