Browsers appear zoomed in after changing system properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocki34

Solid State Member
When I got this computer I wanted to increase its performance so I went to Computer> Advanced System Settings> Performance and ticked "Adjust for best Performance." Now after using it for over a year I want to change it to "Adjust for best appearance." However, after changing the settings, Chrome, Firefox and IE appear to be zoomed in. The sites I visit aren't zoomed in, the actual browser is much bigger and fuzzier.
I run a Vista-Home Premium 64-bit OS.

Any help will be much appreciated,
Rocki

Hold Ctrl and use the mouse scroll button and move it toward you.

In firefox under View>Zoom adjust the settings accordingly.

In IE the bottom right corner where you see the % icon is the zoom level. Adjust that accordingly.

As I have previously said, it's not the sites that are zoomed in, it's the browser, the back and forward buttons are bigger than usual and fuzzy, same thing with the home, refresh, Google search engine buttons. Looks like I lied about Google chrome and IE, they're fine. The remaining problem is Firefox.

Rocki

Have you restarted? Have you checked to make sure that the resolution is set properly?

There is no explination for what your saying. I have never seen a browser do that ever. IE is set in its sizes and only changes when the resolution is off.

He said that IE and Opera were fine, but Firefox was still buggered. That's why I want to see a screen shot... I've never heard of this and have no idea what it looks like. I can't find any accessibility settings that would enlarge the icons like that.

What theme is on? Maybe it is a theme issue and not really a Firefox issue.

I have uninstalled firefox and installed it again and it works fine now. Google Chrome was fine, but when I restarted my computer it was fuzzy and zoomed in again.
This is before I changed the system to best appearance
chromebefore.jpg

This is after I changed the system to best appearance
chromeafter.jpg

Thanks to Jo for the tip :)
Rocki

I have uninstalled firefox and installed it again and it works fine now. Google Chrome was fine, but when I restarted my computer it was fuzzy and zoomed in again.
I took a screenshot of Chrome before system change and after, they're saved on my computer. When I press insert image I need a URL, there's no option to put it in from my computer.

Rocki
Upload it to a free image site, eg. TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting or ImageShack® - Online Media Hosting, then use the Forum code provided (should be an tag). If you don't see it, just copy the link that leads to your uploaded picture and paste it in your post.

Edit: No prob :). When the browser is 'zoomed', is the current resolution of your desktop the same as when the browser is at it's normal state?

When I open some programs like Google Earth it says: Your desktop resolution is set smaller than 1024x768. Google Earth requires a resolution of at least 1024x768 to be viewed properly. The application will run, however the layout may not be optimal.

Google Earth also is zoomed in when I open it after system change.

My resolution is way over 1024x768. It's 1920x1080.

My resolution doesn't change when I change system settings.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I didn't see your edit since you did it later.
Rocki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom