Browser testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuxoR

What choice did I have?..
Hey guys Firefox 3.6 is coming out and I'm thinking about giving it a test run, I've been using Chrome for awhile and am happy...but still the temptation of a new browser is always there.

How do you guys test a new web browser? Use it for a set amount of time? Check web site compatibility? Just curious on your thoughts and opinions

How do you test any browser? Tests are different person to person. What i may do will not be the same as what you or anyone else will do.

Use the browser. Does it do what you want? Does it use an appropriate amount of resources? Does it work the way you want? If the answer is yes, then it passes all of your tests and you can do what ever you may wish.

How do you test any browser? Tests are different person to person. What i may do will not be the same as what you or anyone else will do.

Use the browser. Does it do what you want? Does it use an appropriate amount of resources? Does it work the way you want? If the answer is yes, then it passes all of your tests and you can do what ever you may wish.

I agree^^ Just wondering if anyone wanted to share some of their experiences

Like what? I mean i run through all sorts of different tests. But they may not be what your looking for. If we have nothing to go on with what your looking for how can we help? Each person has different aspects that they want the browser to be able to do. Some want flat out speed, some want compatibility. Some just want looks and customization. What do you want? how can we help you get the information your looking for other than giving links to sites that do all sorts of tests?

We cant help if we have nothing to go on. Help us help you.

I normally start using the browser as my default, and see what I can do about customizing it to as close as I can to how I have my Firefox set up )ad blocking, security, additional functions, etc). I then put it through the same paces I put Firefox through on a day to day basis. My browser use ranges of mild-mannered to torturous, depending on mu purposes and attitude that day :D.

With that said, Chrome has come the closest to this measure so far. I will admit that Opera didn't get a complete testing as I wasn't able to get it customized enough for me (probably my fault). I haven't gave IE a good go in a while and there are new developments for it out there... but I just can't bring myself to do it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom