browser not launching

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucas1v

Beta member
:( Hi Everybody!! I need your help.

I have just installed a router to a desktop computer and it is working fine, however
I 'm trying to connect my notebook and it is reading the signal 100% but won't launch the browser. Can anybody please help? thank u much

Are you even connected to the access point? I mean your laptop can say there is 100% signal strenth in the area but this dosent mean you are connected.

I appreciate your response, however I thought I was connected. How can I know? The desktop is browsing fine...
thanks again

To test your connections open up command prompt.

Start > Run > Type in cmd

Once in Command Prompt type in:

netstat

Post your results please.

So you are now having no problems connecting to hosts? Like you can browse the internet and everything now? Did you do anything?

lucas1v said:
:( Hi Everybody!! I need your help.

I have just installed a router to a desktop computer and it is working fine, however
I 'm trying to connect my notebook and it is reading the signal 100% but won't launch the browser. Can anybody please help? thank u much

lucas1v, you want to make sure your wireless card supports the type of security encryption your router has in place. You might as well leave the connection "Open" just temporarily to test the connection first.

If you're using the Windows wireless management, right click on your wireless adapter and select “View Available Wireless Networks” This should scan for open wireless connection that have the SSID broadcast.

Once you see that you are connected, open up command prompt: Start/Run & type cmd

Type ipconfig /all and verify that you receive an IP address from the DHCP server on the router. If you're not sure, post the result. Don't worry, you're not exposing your network, it's just the private IP address. To copy from command prompt, just right click and select “mark” highlight the entries and press enter, and paste it here

Afterward, if you did receive an IP address, use ping to test your connectivity to the router. Notice the default gateway when you did ipconfig /all. Ping that IP address: example ping 192.168.1.1

Make sure you get a response, then ping www.google.com, make sure you get a response. Open up a web browser and go www.google.com to verify that the application layer is functioning properly. See how it goes.

After that, once you get your Internet working, just enable back your security one by one, test each security out and see if you can still get online, then add the other one, test that out and so on until it stop working. Then you'll know what your card supports and what it doesn't.

I see where you guys were going, but I was under the impression that the software was corrupt.... or perhaps a virus on the laptop.

Have you done any kind of virus scan or spyware scans on that laptop, or tried installing a different browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom