browser issue and "acquiring address network" problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry K

Fully Optimized
hello --- been struggling for a couple days now :(

2 seperate network problems:

FYI: i have network and all PCs are fine except one

1) trendmicro or avira ( forget which one) detected a trojan yesterday -- it needed to reboot to clean it --- i did that...
once PC was rebooted --- my internet connection was gone (no IP, etc)
trendmicro gives some odd error when opening it.
and -- this is weird --- the microsoft activesync for mobile devices is telling me it can't connect to tcp/ip -- or something... I have not used that in months?? WHY NOW would it give some error???

safe mode does not give a IP connection either.
spent too much time getting rid of trendmicro/uninstalling any thing that could block the IP connection...

so,as it stands now -- my lan connection just tries to acquire address and can't --- when I try to repair / renew IP -- it gives immediate error of can't get to the RCP service in dos -- in windows, it can't finish the repair

sooo... i'm assuming... the spyrus/malware/crap that came on my system... it screwed with antivirus software and blocked my connection somehow and tried to use the MS mobile service files / activesync files

any thoughts?

i've run ccleaner a zillion times when getting rid of stuff... amazing how much stuff is on your computer without you knowing it.

so a question... if i want to force an ip connection --- what are the simple basic steps to guarantee me a connection... i think something is blocking the pc from acquiring an ip connection.
FYI... my system is xp pro, the other computers on the network are and have been fine.

2)
second weird thing... my friend has a network...
only 1 computer CAN NOT get to companywebsite ... it can get to all and any other website... but not their own.

all other computers are fine.
the one pc can ping the IP address of their website but not the url?

how can you ping the IP address but not the URL?
how can a browser not go to ONLY 1 site, but go to all others.

FYI. they downloaded chrome and it replied... its a dns issue???

note: all other PCs on the network work fine and they all share the same IP address.

thanks for the help?

Post a Hijackthis log, your LSP may be corrupt preventing you from obtaining an IP address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom