browser hijacking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeLeMuNdO!

In Runtime
this weird thing started happening on my comp and i think its a browser hijacker. whenever you start up the homepage it brings up some site thats like a .dd followed by a .htp. every time you try and reset it to yahoo or whatever, it works for like the 1st time, then diverts back to the .dll site. the site is like a typical popup, a bunch of topics listed (vacationing, real estate, software, yadda yadda) just a bunch of links to different sites. the thing thats kinda weird is that the windows logo is in the top left corner, like it has something to do with microsoft. i have run every spyware prog under the sun (spybot, ad-aware, pest patrol, spyware blaster) and also virus software, and nothing has come up. does anybody have any ideas? sorry if i'm not clear on the specifics, just tell me if you need any more info.

First, create a folder for HijackThis in the root folder of your hard drive so it can make proper backups

example

C:/HJT
C:/hijackthis

next

Click here to download Hijack This. Save it to the folder you have just created

Close all open windows and open HIJACK THIS. Click “Scan”[/b] . When the scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change to“Save Log”. Click on“Save Log” and save it to NotePad. Copy the entire log and paste it here.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET , most items that appear in the log are harmless or even needed. Wait for someone to analyze the scan and advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom