Brightness, Gamma, and Contrast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mkilbride

Baseband Member
Ok! So, I let this little issue I've had with it go for awhile, cause I could ignore it, but not any longer.

What you see in this picture is unacceptable...the sky blending is awful, and this did not happen on my old monitor.

Using NVIDIA 174.74 Beta Drivers(Happens with all of them, really)

My new monitor is an LCD...I did not want to go from a CRT to an LCD...but...LCD's are the only option these days(CRTs can be bought, but for almost 10x what they used to cost!)

Newegg.com - SCEPTRE X24WG-1080P Black 24" 2ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 4000:1 Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

Using Windows XP or Vista, this happens. I have a GeForce 8800 GT(G92).

Now I've read LCD's don't have as clear color definition as CRT's, but honestly, there is no way that difference is normal. I'm DVI connected and connection is perfectly secure.

Cleaning it is so much harder than a **** CRT, this thing is still semi-dirty out of fear of damaging it(I have to get a cleaning kit...gah)

I've set it to 6500, due to 9300 being far to blue(As many sites say)

60% Brightness / 40% Contrast on the monitor. NVIDIA control panel is the default 50% / 50% / 50%(I've tried many tutorials to calibrate it correctly and it never gets it just right)

I've also noticed certain areas of the screen are brighter and darker, namely, the top left is darker, and the bottom left is lighter.

I have 33% Digital Vibrance(Makes things look better) on or off, the problem persists. I almost want to go back to my small, small CRT just to be done with these issues.

I think this is the right section, I looked and this seemed the most appropriate

Sorry for ranting on abit, but it's been nothing but issues with this new monitor. If, by chance, I am stuck like this...then I'll just have to buy a 2000$ CRT at a good size :p Thank you for any help.

Bad Backlight? Hmm...

I'm not allowed to return it sadly, they have a policy that I cannot return it unless it has more than eight dead pixels. ****...as annoying as it is...I can deal with it, cost me 360$ after all.

Dont know anyone you can bug to test it out on? That would be my first suggestion. Make sure its actually the monitor. And if its a bad backlight then that wont have anything to do with returning it due to bad pixels.

Have you tried the nvidia control panel? Dont they have settings for all this in there? Do you not have controls on the front of the LCD to control this as well?

So why the post then? If you have all the correct tools available then adjust it to your liking. If you can not get it there then either A.) dont use Beta drivers as they are known to have BUGS. or B.) Get a new monitor.

Simple really....

I said, in the post, regardless of drivers, this issue persists. Not necessary. I just GOT this Monitor, some people don't have cash to throw around as they please.

I was looking for information about this and how to adjust them correctly or what I should do, because it appears regardless of the settings I cannot fix this issue.

Sorry for blowing up like that, but you seemed to have not read my first post at all.

I thought the point of this section was to help get something to work, not tell people to just "Buy a new one"(Without knowing if it's really broke or not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom