Bose speakers not sounding right....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to know if getting that sound card I showed earlier will help fix this problem and play the songs right. If you need more info I will provide.

what the name of you audio driver?

for example, if you have a realtek driver, you would have to go to Soundman to set the speaker to 2 speakers from 5.1. it does sound like your speaker is set up for 5.1, unless the bose have some spatial effect in them

Hello,

I have a lot of questions :freak: to try and get to the bottom of this...

I'm kinda confused. Do you have a picture of your speakers? What Bose speakers in particular do you have? You say that your system is not 5.1, but stereo...while others are saying 2.1 (which implies a subwoofer). However, does it have a subwoofer, or is it just two stereo speakers?

Despite whether the system has two speakers or two speakers plus a subwoofer, the Speaker Settings in the Windows Sounds and Audio Devices (or any other place) should be set to Stereo or Desktop stereo speaker, because a 2.1 speaker system does not have a dedicated subwoofer (LFE) channel (hence why 2.1 option does not exist in Windows sound settings). The sub signals are taken from the front left and right channels after the stereo signal leaves the PC.

If you don't get the same effect with other speakers or headphones connected to your soundcard, then I would suspect that the Bose speakers has a problem, and not your soundcard or software.

Also, I see that you have RCA cables connected to a Y adaptor, but how are the speakers wired? (Are they wired to the subwoofer if there is one?). And...where has this Y adaptor come from? Is it one of these...

3.5mm%20audio%20to%202xRCA%20female.jpg

...and did it come with the speaker system, or did you buy it and plug the speakers directly to it, and then plug the 3.5mm end to the PC's soundcard (with not subwoofer in between)?

If the speakers are in one original, complete unit...then perhaps the wiring has split somewhere. Usually, it's the joint of the 3.5mm jack / RCA jacks and wiring where the copper wiring on the inside becomes frayed. Though, any part of the internal copper wiring could be damaged. Also, check to make sure that the 3.5mm jack and RCA jacks are clean, and that they are plugged in securely.

b1gapl said:
This is what is connected to my computer:

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=awms_wave_index&ck=0

On the back of the Bose there is a LINE IN and and AUX IN. I put two seperate wires (both are composite with a gold connector) into the AUX IN of the Bose. Then I connected the two composites to a Y-adaptor like the pic above and then to the headphone jack of my computer. I do not have a sound card.

07-31-06_1603.jpg

you totally ignore my comment. it might be the solution. you still haven't mentioned the name of your audio driver

Oh sorry Eric, I was answering Alvin....anyway my audio driver I think is...SoundMAX Digital Audio?

Hello,

b1gapl...here's your problem...

07310616032fu3.jpg

That 3.5mm jack there is mono. It only has one black separator. That's why your not hearing all frequencies through your Bose speakers, when playing audio on your PC.

Not only that...

07310616033up7.jpg

...Also, the grey coloured adaptor you have here is a Stereo RCA to Mono RCA adaptor. Both the grey and the 'gold Mono RCA to Mono 3.5mm jack' adaptors are causing this problem.

The Stereo RCA to 3.5mm Jack adaptor I posted earlier...

3.5mm%20audio%20to%202xRCA%20female.jpg

...Has two 'rings' on the 3.5mm jacks, and inputs and outputs stereo channels. This is the adaptor you need, with the black left and right RCA jacks connected to it, and the 3.5mm end connected to the speaker port on your PC.

Alternatively, you can use a cable version...

03179.jpg

...Pictures make such a difference ;) .

that should only give it a mono signal. it shouldn't change frequencies.you still should change so you can get stereo

I haven't messed with a soundmax in awhile. open your soundmax program up and post a picture of it

Fortunately I have one of those laying around too

07-31-06_1751.jpg

Now the songs are playing correctly. Thanks guys, now it sounds even more amazing.

EricB said:
that should only give it a mono signal. it shouldn't change frequencies.you still should change so you can get stereo

I haven't messed with a soundmax in awhile. open your soundmax program up and post a picture of it

...frequencies won't change, they'll stay the same...I said they'll be some missing...hence why:

b1gapl said:
Sometimes in a song it would play one part, but you can't hear the background or the other part when playing it through the bose. How can I fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom