Boot issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesstaa

Solid State Member
G'day all,
Recently for some odd reason, I've only been able to boot my computer if I select to boot from CDROM, insert my OS disc, and then ignore the "Press any key to boot from CD" message.
If I boot from hard drive, it tells me it can't locate bootmgr or something, and requires rebooting.

I've checked to make sure the primary HDD is my main HDD, and it isn't trying to boot from my backup HDD.

Anybody know of a solution?

Have you tried setting the pc to boot from the secondary hdd instead of the primary? If you've tried booting from the primary and it doesn't work, then windows must be installed on the secondary drive (unless I'm missing something :p)

Have you tried setting the pc to boot from the secondary hdd instead of the primary? If you've tried booting from the primary and it doesn't work, then windows must be installed on the secondary drive (unless I'm missing something :p)

Well I've installed windows on SATA 1, SATA 2 is for all my random **** like music and movies, and then my IDE Slave is for other backups.

Good idea, but I've made sure that windows was on the primary drive =s

Alright, been a while.
I'm having problems getting into the startup repair thing. I know you can press F8 to get into that menu on startup, but I don't get the chance because of the CD boot thing.
Is there a way to make it open on next boot from inside the OS?

Also, my processor (Intel E7500) is running at only 1.6ghz per core (down from 2.93). My fan is running at full speed as normal, and it's been cooler recently. Any ideas on how to correct this?

Also, your cpu problem is not really a problem. It's probably just a setting in the BIOS, basically it adjusts your cpu speed/power on the fly depending on how much you're using it. I'll bet if you run a CPU intensive program you'll see it shoot right back up to 2.93Ghz

Also, your cpu problem is not really a problem. It's probably just a setting in the BIOS, basically it adjusts your cpu speed/power on the fly depending on how much you're using it. I'll bet if you run a CPU intensive program you'll see it shoot right back up to 2.93Ghz

Hmm, normally it sat on 2.93 all the time. But the other day my computer rebooted because of updates, then the bootup screen said "Processor: Core 2 Duo 1.6ghz". I didn't really pay much attention but I couldn't see anything in the bios to adjust it.
I'll try Crysis later and see if it still runs smoothly.

Okay, tried startup repair to no avail (Said it couldn't find anything wrong) and I snooped around my bios for reasons why my CPU would be saying it's so low but nothing has been changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom