BlackBerry PlayBook

Status
Not open for further replies.

CntdwnToExtn

Fully Optimized
So what does everyone think?
I might be a bit bias, but darn those are some nice specs.
Looks like it's done right, and hopefully the phones will soon follow.
What I like is the fact I can tether my BB through Bluetooth to this guy, no 3G/4G plan needed. Saves me some $$$.
True multi-tasking which should be no problem for the 1Gig RAM and dual-core processor.
Doesn't look like there will be the microSD slot though? Which is no doubt disappointing for some.

Only thing is, it's not available until early 2011. Misses the holiday season.
Now...who is actually going to be buying these $600 devices for someone else.
iPad or Samsung VS Laptop/Netbook @ the same price, Laptop/Netbook offers much, much more for the kids. I find the tablets more for grown up people on the go. Not for some kid to take notes in class slower than molasses on the touch keyboard.
Christmas season is more for purchasing things for other people. If this releases in March, everyone will have the bills paid off (hopefully!) and then it's time to spoil yourself.

Taken from BlackBerry PlayBook announced! | CrackBerry.com

7" LCD, 1024 x 600, WSVGA, capacitive touch screen with full multi-touch and gesture support
BlackBerry Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing
1 GHz dual-core processor
1 GB RAM
Dual HD cameras (3 MP front facing, 5 MP rear facing), supports 1080p HD video recording
Video playback: 1080p HD Video, H.264, MPEG, DivX, WMV
Audio playback: MP3, AAC, WMA
HDMI video output
Wi-Fi - 802.11 a/b/g/n
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
Connectors: microHDMI, microUSB, charging contacts
Open, flexible application platform with support for WebKit/HTML-5, Adobe Flash Player 10.1, Adobe Mobile AIR, Adobe Reader, POSIX, OpenGL, Java
Ultra thin and portable:
Measures 5.1"x7.6"x0.4" (130mm x 193mm x 10mm)
Weighs less than a pound (approximately 0.9 lb or 400g)
Additional features and specifications of the BlackBerry PlayBook will be shared on or before the date this product is launched in retail outlets.

* RIM intends to also offer 3G and 4G models in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom