Bittorrent through my SMC router

Status
Not open for further replies.

scabbage

Solid State Member
I have a smc 2404wbr router that connects me and my roommate's Macbooks to the internet (roadrunner). We are both experiencing slow connection for bittorrent. I read some of the posts about doing port forwarding would solve the problem. These are the NAT configuration of my router:
virtual server config
special applications config
. I am confused in terms of which one I should use: virtual server or special applications? I tried the following:
  1. Set my Azureus listening port (TCP/UDP) to 18888
  2. In virtual server setup, specify the first row as: 192.168.2.100, 18888, (TCP), 18888
  3. specify the second row as: 192.168.2.100, 18888, (UDP), 18888
    [/list=1]
    But this doesn't help much. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.

That's exactly how you set it up provided that the comp running azureus has the ip 192.168.2.100 if not just change the last octet to coenside with the azureus comp.

I only set TCP but i guess it wont hurt to use both.

but that will only work for one comp, so on the 2nd comp just change the port azureus uses and do the same thing.

Thanks, Bruce. So would that allow me to have multiple torrents downloading at the same time? Or do I have to add multiple rows just for that?

BTW, the connection speed does not change much (around 15KB/s) per torrent. Also, I realized that I can't even browse with the torrents running. Why is it taking up all my bandwidth? Thanks.

Yes multiple torrents shouldnt be a problem. As far as browsing, what kind of speeds does your isp provide?

are you guys connected wirelessly???

Bruce said:
Yes multiple torrents shouldnt be a problem. As far as browsing, what kind of speeds does your isp provide?

are you guys connected wirelessly???
We are using Roadrunner 5Mbps connection. No, we are wired using ethernet cables.

what about upload speed?, somewhere in azureus there should be an option to cap upload speed. play with that till you get it at a good speed that allows you to browse without slowdown.

downloads should be faster but it depends on alot of things, like who your connected to and such.

Also, never watch it. :D:D:D start your downloads and walk away lol

A watched pot never boils. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom