Bike Expert.. GT Tour BMX

Status
Not open for further replies.

NayNay1991x

PeugeotEnthusiast
Hello im Just wondering if you Think this is a Good BMX Bike as i allways Do Jumping Etc

GT Tour BMX Bike from Halfords Price £199.99

Features and Benefits

GT FS Design frame with 4130 Cro-mo 3 main tubes
GT FS Design fork with Cro-mo blades and steerer
Tektro 907 Alloy U-brakes
36T x 13T compact drive
GT 3 piece tubular Cro-mo crankset
Alex G22 48 hole alloy rims with GT sealed bearing hubs
Full set of alloy stunt pegs
GT Air bags tyres

I dunno man. I mean the specs look good on it for the price. For a prebuilt bike, you couldn't really hope for much more at 199.99. It doesn't say whether the crank is sealed or not. If at all possible, go for a sealed one. It's nice that the rims are though, but allow rims aren't the greatest especially if your hitting jumps. You may want to upgrade those to triple wall rims, especially if you ever going to increase the size of the jumps you hit.

A lot of it comes down to feel too. I wouldn't recommend getting a bike from the internet unless you've ridden it before and you know you like the feel of it. Maybe that's just me though. You may also want to check out danscomp.com. They usually have the best prices on bikes and bike parts.

There's alot better companies to look at than GT. GT hasn't really done much to stay current. If you're just getting into riding then you don't need an amazing bike but having a nicer bike definitely makes you want to get out and ride more. If I were you I'd look into something by Fit, Eastern or even DK has some pretty nice pre-builts. Because of your location I don't know where you could go to order stuff but definitely look into it more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom