Big problem with video calls not running smoothly

uncletom4

Beta member
heres the thing my gf got this samsung galaxy tab 2 an 7 inch one with cpu speed of 1 ghz and 1 gb of RAM and whenever we are on the skype video call isnt going smoothly at all its like in a slow motion for about 20 secs and then it just stops and it stays like that more than 3 mins and than it goes again like that and shes like next to the router everytime, she got this netgear N150 WNR1000 wireless router thats like connected to her modem with the ethernet cable and she cant get the signal in her own room which is like 9-12 metre away from that room
she has this exede satellite internet and i gave her the page to test the speed of the wireless with the tablet and the results were like download 1217 kbps upload 1347 kbps and the ping is really high 812 ms her mom is using only fb as the ethernet is connected to the pc all the time but im not sure if that can reduce speed on wireless that much as both are sharing the same internet connection
i really do need some help cause its really bad like this so any suggestions what she can do so it would go smoothier than this would lets say buying the netgear N150 usb wireless adapter along with the same netgear router do any help to strenghten up signal to run smoother

It looks like the problem is the satellite Internet and the 800ms ping.

This massive ping is inherent to satellite Internet. As the signal has such a long distance to travel.

Unfortunately there is not much you can do about it. Maybe try just voice calls...though that may not work either with such a high ping.

Maybe someone else has any idea?

Back
Top Bottom