BF2 wireless network lockups

Status
Not open for further replies.

OatesyX

In Runtime
Every since i got a wireless router and card while playing bf2 and bf1942 for that matter it gets a connection problem for about 3 seconds about every minute. EXTREMELY annoying.. Any ideas ??

Have you port forwarded and enabled UPnP in your router?

the ports needed for BF2 are extensive..:

UDP 27900
UDP/TCP 29900
TCP 80
TCP 4711
TCP 29901
UDP 1500-4999
UDP/TCP 1024-1124
UDP 28910
UDP 16567
UDP 55123-55125

I had this problem with my Wireless connection, constant dropouts. My friend came to my house and played without any errors however I did replace my wireless adapter and that made no difference.

In the end I moved room and connected straight to the modem, a lot faster and no drops.

I feel for you mate, I never managed to find a solution : /

P.S. I did try port forwarding, never worked for me, I came up with the theory that the wireless router was simply dropping packets.

Was having this problem a couple days ago with BF2, and FOREVER with 2142. Couldn't play 2142 at all because I kept getting kicked by There is a problem with your connetion. Opening ports didn't help at all. I know this doesn't sound like an internet fix, but it did work for me. Set the BF2.exe affinity to just one core. Alt+Cntl+Delete, Processes Tab, right click on BF2.ext, set Affinity, uncheck one. Usually I only have to do that with older games like Warcraft 3, but I was pleasantly surprised that it let me play BF2142.

This fixed my problem, strangely enough.

Sorry for the kinda late reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom