BF2 1.4 patch killed my BF2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I installed the patch. And this morning I tried to play. Tried.

Each account comes up with "The server has refused the connection."

Not once, not twice, but multiple times. For all four accounts.

I've rebooted, I've killed everything else on my comp (AV, scanners, everything), and get the same thing.

I haven't uninstalled/reinstalled BF2 yet, but (unless someone knows something to try) that's the next step.

So... does anyone have any ideas? Or does anyone know where to find some answers? Anyone?

That sucks, maybe next week they will release a 1.4b :p

I'll wait to install, many servers still run 1.3 so I'm okay. :)

I had this annoying trouble once on 1.3.I couldnt play that day I was mad...Next day I try and it worked.

Maybe there was an overload or something....retry tomorrow.

did u install the incramental of the full. i heard of problems of installing the incramental. i installed the inc. and i had no promlems

I went with the full.

Ever since IE7 screwed my comp I've had problems. I'm in the process of getting all my info together so I can reformat. Right now I'm having trouble finding all my serials.

OK, so I have uninstalled BF2, then reinstalled it and patched it. During all of this I also updated the chipset drivers for my mobo.

Well, while trying to find out what's going on, I have found that BF2 doesn't get along with the Marvell Gigabit chip on my motherboard. No sweat, my LanParty has two LAN chips, so I have disabled the Marvell.

I still can't connect to the servers. I now get a message about can't connect to a socket or something.

I'm really getting ticked about all of this. I haven't been able to play ever since I installed the 1.4 patch (09-06).

Help me out here.

I might try it again, but it seems to be more that BF2 can't connect.

I can surf online with the Marvell disabled with no problem, but BF2 can't make the connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom