Better charger for my x86 RAZR i? It takes forever.

Veraster

In Runtime
I have a new Motorola RAZR i (XT890). It's a nice little device and all that except that it takes FOREVER to charge. If you plug it into a 500ma USB port, it will charge at a rate of about 1% every 1 hour. Using a USB 3.0 port (which is supposedly 900ma) doesn't speed up the process much.
The charger that came with the phone is the only one that will charge it quick enough to be usable. It took all night to charge.
My previous phone was a Droid X2. It would be fully charged after merely 3 hours on a 500ma charger if it was completely dead.

So I got an idea.
If I plug my phone into a 10 Watt ipad 2 charger, would it charge more quickly or not make a difference? What about a 42 watt ipad 3 charger? Are there other chargers specifically made for Android devices that use a ton of power?

Does anyone else have this problem with their shiny new smartphones such as Galaxy S4's or RAZR Maxx HD's or is this just a problem with Intel powered phones?

Look at the output voltage/amperage specs. If the transformer(s) you're using only output 500-700mA, then you'll need to find one that's 1-2 amps. My charger for my Nexus 7 is a 2amp output; if I plug it into anything else, it takes forever to charge as well (takes literally all day / night to fully recharge if I plug it into a standard phone charger that's 500mA).

Back
Top Bottom