Baseband Member
My 3rd topic on getting a new PC.

ok I need a DVD-R drive or a -/+ combo that can do Cd R/RW
problem is Dell doesn't offer them.

I want a PC that has an AMD chip/1 gig of ram and an ATI card
also at least a 150 gig HDD.

Alienware systems are too pricy for me.

so whom should I turn to?

MAC g5 with one 2 gigs of ram, a super drive, a 160 gb HD, and the newest radeon out with final cut pro --- 4 ---- i think is out now maybe just 3..... oh well anyhwo, that is your best bet, oh and you will need adobe after effects, and grafitti GFX, 3dsm 6, or some other 3d program.

BTW: That will run you oh say...... 10- 15 G's

that's a bit much and I need a windows machine for Roms and networking with my xbox.

I looked into alienware and they were too expensive.

Really I'm just transfering videos over to DVD and Movies I make and maybe start working on some animation stuff.

Also I do alot of stuff with music. (I'm a really really horrible rapper hehe)

All I really require is a Gig of Ram and a large HDD.

Okay if you can not build it yourself. Check into your local computer shops to see if they can build it for you. Your not going to want to go to alienware because they are too exspensive, but they do build one hell of a video editing machine. We used to have 2 of them at our school before they got stolen. I would look into building your own computer. This is what your going to want to setup.

Intel pentium 4 3.4ghz (runs windows apps better then amd)

Atleast 1gb of ddr

Setup your harddrives on raid. So like 2 74gb raptors from western digital

I reccomend a lite on Dvd Rw+- burner,

A case with front firewire, (antec/chieftec is good because the side door comes on and off easyily)

I reccomend you run a video card that can support dual monitors, your not going to need the newest fastest thats out, Maybe matrox parhelia 128mb, or ati has a dual monitor video card.

As far as a capture device pinnacle dv 500 dvd has an awesome breakout box with firewire, and analog in and out. If you need more help pm me and i will give you my email.

bemanisuperstar said:
that's a bit much and I need a windows machine for Roms and networking with my xbox.

I looked into alienware and they were too expensive.

Really I'm just transfering videos over to DVD and Movies I make and maybe start working on some animation stuff.

Also I do alot of stuff with music. (I'm a really really horrible rapper hehe)

All I really require is a Gig of Ram and a large HDD.

you can network with X-box's on a G5 (using TCP/IP)

you can run Windows apps on a G5 if you have "VirtualPC" or an equivalent

customise your own 1.6GHZ/dual 1.8GHZ/dual 2GHZ G5

The Problem with getting a Mac is Running Emulators (well really it's running the roms which are in Zip files) also the rest of my family will be using this and they don't like macs.

video editting is mostly in what software you use. the only important things that you need is:

at least 1Ghz processor or faster

ATA133 or SATA (also called ATA150) hard disk. SATA is preferred

the right software for the type of editting you do. this is the most important factor.

bemanisuperstar said:
ok I need a DVD-R drive or a -/+ combo that can do Cd R/RW
problem is Dell doesn't offer them.

My note look at one of the LG DVD Burners that to +/-/RAM. They are not much more dearer than the normal -/+ drives.

bemanisuperstar said:
so whom should I turn to?

If you are in Australia, you can PM me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom