Best TV for gaming?

mal

In Runtime
Hello,
Switched from PC to PS4 a while ago, and my Samsung Smart TV is really bad when it comes to gaming. Shadows and 3D rendering is VERY poor. Whites are too flashy, black is too black, edges are flickering etc...

In the next days Im going to buy a new one, what chars should I look at to have a good gaming experience? My budget let's say 800$

If you got some brands name it! thanks :)

Did you put the TV in game mode while changing input style to PC? This is crucial to using a PC for gaming and it's also critical for gaming in general.

I paid 800 for my Samsung 48" 4k Curved. Works beautifully with both my PC and Xbox One.

I have never used this TV for PC Gaming, only PS4, and I have tried every possible settings even gaming mode, and it could'nt match my old Panasonic TV. (too bad I sold it).

What's the model? I had an older 40" Samsung that was 1080p that required a firmware update then I was able to change the input name to PC and it bypassed all of the image processing.

Like PP said, what is the model?

It honestly sounds like you need to adjust the settings/color to make it work. AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews is absolutely fantastic for looking up your make and model and seeing what settings people have used to get the best results.

Its also really good for looking up TVs you're considering to buy

I suppose it also matters what your old Panasonic TV was too that you're comparing it to. In your initial post it sounds like you have Trumotion on.

How can black be too black? Having a real black matters most lol.

Hello,
Switched from PC to PS4 a while ago, and my Samsung Smart TV is really bad when it comes to gaming. Shadows and 3D rendering is VERY poor. Whites are too flashy, black is too black, edges are flickering etc...

In the next days Im going to buy a new one, what chars should I look at to have a good gaming experience? My budget let's say 800$

If you got some brands name it! thanks :)

Do you have the 3D setting turned on? I don't think a lot of games are able to be played in 3D that could be part of it

No, he means just the graphics lol

oh I see I just plug my PS4 in and play. I may do a few little tweaks but I am not picky. I also dont care if I go from 30 fps to 27 fps I laugh so hard at people who piss and moan about that stuff. 99% of them dont even actually notice the difference the Amazon forum is full of morons talking about that crap. And how 1 system is better than another its so 6th grade over there. Seriously who cares what system you have as long as you like it

oh I see I just plug my PS4 in and play. I may do a few little tweaks but I am not picky. I also dont care if I go from 30 fps to 27 fps I laugh so hard at people who piss and moan about that stuff. 99% of them dont even actually notice the difference the Amazon forum is full of morons talking about that crap. And how 1 system is better than another its so 6th grade over there. Seriously who cares what system you have as long as you like it
There's no way to tell frame drop on a console unless you see it, but a TV won't make a difference in frame rate.

Back
Top Bottom