best system tune up utility for windows 10?

is this just the windows thing or apple owners have to do this also?
it seems like windows system deteriorates with time and the only way to fix it is to reinstall windows..
but im very tired of reinstalling it and having to install all software and tweak the system again over and over having to change 100s of settings that are hidden and spend time updating it again and again..

like right now there are so many little issues with my windows and i dont know where to look to find the problem
and alot of sollutions posted on the internet dont even work.

theres just these mistery problems that nobody knows why it happends and theres no diagnostic software that picks up on them they re just there and annoying.

is this just the windows thing or apple owners have to do this also?
it seems like windows system deteriorates with time and the only way to fix it is to reinstall windows..
but im very tired of reinstalling it and having to install all software and tweak the system again over and over having to change 100s of settings that are hidden and spend time updating it again and again..

like right now there are so many little issues with my windows and i dont know where to look to find the problem
and alot of sollutions posted on the internet dont even work.

theres just these mistery problems that nobody knows why it happends and theres no diagnostic software that picks up on them they re just there and annoying.

All depends on what you're doing with the system.

If you feel like you have to reinstall so frequently...easiest thing to do would be to reinstall, get all of your programs installed/settings adjusted, and then create an image of the machine. Then you can just re-image to that "base" that you did on your machine and be up and running in less time, other than updating any outdated/old software (including Windows).

I got that free update to windows 10 when it came out.. from windows7
there was no cd

how do I even reinstall windows 10
do i have to install the build that i have the license for or can i download the windows 10 with all the latest updates already installed ?

I got that free update to windows 10 when it came out.. from windows7
there was no cd

how do I even reinstall windows 10
do i have to install the build that i have the license for or can i download the windows 10 with all the latest updates already installed ?

You can reinstall Win10 either:
through Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> choose one of the options in the reboot menu to reset

Or download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft and either get the ISO or put it on a flash drive, and reinstall from the latest ISO they have available.

I myself have always trusted in tuneup utilities. Been using it before avg took over it.
I recently got a dell inspiron 5000 series with windows 10, and I just decided to get tuneup utilites 2014 for it... works great! maybe tuneup utilities will do wonders for you too!

a little off topic, but the magic combo for me across the board when it came to windows, was
malwarebytes anti malware, avira anti virus (which now is crap cuz it slows everything down so much) and tuneup utilities. besides those three, the standard disk cleanup and disk defrag are my go to built in programs. i've always thought of avira and malwarebytes to work inconjunction with one another although they're from different companies but i really like malwarebytes more than ever though, they haven't tried to kill a computers ram or start up programs list like avira has became to do. back to the degrading performance though... def get tuneup utilites and run through some things like registry defrag and disk clean up and stuff. it's great, i've used it for years on all the windows computers n laptops ive had.

Side note for the mac heads...
Diskwarrior is beast for diskproblems, just boot it from an external hard drive though to run it because it can't be run internally. and also, find a disk defragmenter... idc what apple says about their discs never becoming fragmented, that's bullcrap, because no matter what software your running the hardware and firmwares still behave the same and become laggy the same way. oh and NEVER use onyx! that is a crap program! a lot of people love it, but it's corrupted a few hard drives on mac for me!
The magic combination on mac though, is simply a good disk defragmenter booted and used from an external hard drive on an internal target drive, and diskwarrior booted from an external drive targeting an internal drive too... does wonders for any possible permissions repairs and bad sectors! even leaves log files in documents to let you go back and see what exactly its done.
:)
peace

Last edited:
a little off topic, but the magic combo for me across the board when it came to windows, was
malwarebytes anti malware, avira anti virus (which now is crap cuz it slows everything down so much) and tuneup utilities. besides those three, the standard disk cleanup and disk defrag are my go to built in programs. i've always thought of avira and malwarebytes to work inconjunction with one another although they're from different companies but i really like malwarebytes more than ever though, they haven't tried to kill a computers ram or start up programs list like avira has became to do. back to the degrading performance though... def get tuneup utilites and run through some things like registry defrag and disk clean up and stuff. it's great, i've used it for years on all the windows computers n laptops ive had.

Avira is one of the highest rated free AV's out there; testing done by AV-Comparatives.org (non-bias AV testing site).

do i have to get the exact same build that i started with and have to install all the updates again or can i just grab the latest build and my license would still work?
its a legit license not pirated

do i have to get the exact same build that i started with and have to install all the updates again or can i just grab the latest build and my license would still work?
its a legit license not pirated
If you do it this way, you won't have to worry about that:
You can reinstall Win10 either:
through Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> choose one of the options in the reboot menu to reset

If you do it this other way, then you'll need to download whatever updates are after whatever version they have as the newest from the media creation tool:
Or download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft and either get the ISO or put it on a flash drive, and reinstall from the latest ISO they have available.

oh ok thanks for clarifying i thought it deletes everything including updates.
i tried everything i can to get the webcams to work. cant even find the problem. they just dont show video lol
i guess ill try fresh recovery now. hopefully that will do it

Back
Top Bottom