Best in-ear headphones for around $60?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find the specs for the SOL buds, they don't even have a webpage! Just a FB page. :facepalm:

The S4's look pretty decent specs-wise, as far as reviews go they're pretty much what I expected. Good bass (then again, hard to make a pair of in-ears without good bass though some overdo it) but trebles are a little too piercing. All in all though, not too shabby.

They're a very new company.. Their only three products were unveiled like less than a month ago.
I've heard a lot of good things about Klipsch and Sennheiser. I'm also looking at J-Buds again because my last pair sounded excellent :tongue:

Lol yeah, offshoot of Monster Cables ftl. TBH not a lot of faith in them there, I read a comment on their FB page asking for specs and they were like:
For connection type, we use a standard 3.5mm jack on all headphones. For headphone specs, we don't list those because we found the specs don't drive sound. We offer each level of headphone with a different Sound Engine - i4, i6, V8, V10.

Seriously...wtf.
If you had a bigger budget, yeah sennheiser/shure are my favourites by far lol.

Wouldn't go for 'em myself, what a limited frequency response range! Sensitivity is good, especially at such a low impedance, but then again the S4's best them (even if they do come in at 2ohm higher).

Gumy earbuds ftw, bass is UNBELIEVABLE! Seriously, bone shattering.

If you can't afford those though, I've used the MM 50's before. They're ok, but once again no proper bass there. Sure you've got a nice pressure level, but that doesn't equate to good bass. Loud yes, any frequency it can reproduce it'll reproduce plenty loud, but as for accuracy/clarity it falls a little short. Then again, for any pair of sub $100 in-ears you're pretty much looking at the same situation there. Ultimately, how they fit and how comfortable they are in this price range should play bigger parts in deciding which one you want to get. They all are just so much better than your stock-standard earphones.

Lol all your posts have either a :thumbsup: or a :p in them :grin:

I've got a couple pairs of the CX500's too, they're pretty good. They're the phones I pack when I'm gonna go somewhere like a party/pubcrawl/beach/etc. Still good sound, but not so much heartache if they get smashed. Without hearing the S4's I wouldn't be able to say which I prefer, but I'd think it'd be tough battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom