best compression app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gula187

In Runtime
what is the best compression app. for compressing pictures? i currently use winrar it does an ok job but i was wondering is there anything better

WinAce, WinZip, 7Zip, Izarc and so on. All you have to do is google and you will see there are literally hundreds. You have to find the one that works the best for you.

Plus compressing pictures wont do you much good. If they are .jpeg's they are already highly compressed and cant go much further. .jpeg is a compressed image format. It would only do good to compress RAW images or something like a .png.

i have hundreds of pictures from past car shown that i want to compress so i can upload them to a online storage site

Like Mak said, if the pictures are in .JPG or .JPEG format, then you won't be able to compress them much further. 7zip's format and .RAR format, are both a couple of the better compression methods I've seen, however.

i have hundreds of pictures from past car shown that i want to compress so i can upload them to a online storage site

Which is understandable. But compressing a .jpeg or a .jpg file will only gain you a couple KB if that. Maybe a MB. Those are already highly compressed formats. So no matter what software you use it will not shrink the file size down to much less than what it is already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom