Best Antivirus vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
None. They are all annoying. :mad: Grrr...

Especially AVG where it will not let me turn off virus scanning.

Go into the main control panel, go to Resident Shield, and go into Properties. Then uncheck "Turn On AVG Resident Protection".

Does that turn off active protection? As I don't do the daily scans. - I'm doing one now as I have a suspect file that I started to download. :eek:

I prefer McAfee over Symantec. I have to use Symantec at work, and it does fine. Mostly. They all pretty much are resource hogs. Main thing is to get one, or more if you can, keep it updated, and use it regularly. Microsoft actually recommends the Yahoo toolbar anti-spy. It does a nice job. It is a Symantec product.

superdave1984 said:
I prefer McAfee over Symantec. I have to use Symantec at work, and it does fine. Mostly. They all pretty much are resource hogs. Main thing is to get one, or more if you can, keep it updated, and use it regularly. Microsoft actually recommends the Yahoo toolbar anti-spy. It does a nice job. It is a Symantec product.

Altho there are a/v's that aren't resource hogs and are updated regularly and have great detection rates...

AVG being one of them I think... I run AVG and spybot and ad aware. That combo doesn't seem to hog the resources...

AVG has fairly poor detection rates, especially against new viruses.

If you use just IE and AVG then I can pretty much guarentee that you have somesort of virus/trojan right now.

Onlines scans ar worth doing every now and then, e.g. Trendmirco as they have good detection.
Also you can download kaspersky6 and have a fully functional 30 trial.

If you rely on AVG for your antivirus you'll want to supplement it with Ewido (not a bad idea in any case) and occasional online scans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom