Best $40 to $50 speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalcProgrammer1

Fully Optimized
I have about $60 and I want to get some speakers (with subwoofer) to go with my new laptop and monitor. I've been looking online, but I want to buy them in store if possible. I've heard the Logitech X-230 is good from a friend, but I don't see them listed in BestBuy or CircuitCity websites. I'll check to see if those are available at like Wal Mart or Target, but I want to know if there are better or similar speakers out there.

Well if you are just looking for a 2,1 set i have a old set of 2.1 speaker from my Dell Dimension 8400 that i got a few years back. I would be willing to send them to you. If you pay for shipping. I will get pics up for you if you want. No charge for them since i have a 5.1 set.

I have to try and lower my audio experience, and comment normally :p

Yes, creative make good PC speakers. :)

:p

They may not be your cup of tea. But from the sounds of it they get the job done for Calc. ;)

They're mainly gaming speakers but occasionally I'll listen to music on them. For gaming, they're great (loud booming explosions!) and the subwoofer puts out good booming bass as well as "flat" bass (used a tone generator on my PDA and it was able to go down to 30 to 40 Hz without issue, lower than that it wasn't really hearable, but those frequencies are mostly out of range anyways).

As eric allways says. It wont be 'real 30hz'

They may be great, but i can't helpthink of reccessed mids, rolled off highs, and boomy bass. But then i use £300 headphones, which are the equivalent of £3000 speakers.. so its an unfair comparison :)

But i do it anyway :p

If I had a few hundred dollars to spend on speakers, I would! But I just wanted something to get away from relying on awful 2.0 speakers or integrated ones, and compared to said awful speakers, 2.1 systems sound excellent. I usually use headphones but for gaming I like to use speakers. I don't think they're as good as my old Altec Lansing system that broke (it was like a $100 system back in 1999 or so) but it's still a good system. I just wanted something with a subwoofer to take to college or for my room.

Anyways, I admit that I usually turn down the mids with an EQ and turn the bass and treble up high...but being used to speakers that produce only midrange (awful integrated ones), the range is great.

Try looking for Creative T20 speakers. The setup is only 2.0, but seriously they are good speakers. I don't say this lightly as I am somewhat of an audiophile. They don't have massive bass but in terms of reproducing sound accurately and wonderfully I think you will be pleased. Take a set home and at least try them and if you don't like them (unlikely) then return them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom