Before I buy Recover My Files....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dre38w

Solid State Member
Before I buy the program I want to confirm something. When I try to save my files with the free version it gives me an error saying something about not enough free space or some such error. There are a few other sections that give me the same error. In settings for example. Now, I'm assuming this is because it's not the registered version. But just to be sure is this some error that I very well may get when I buy the program?

Thank you.

What are you trying to recover, and how much free space do you have?
There are free programs which do this for you, btw, such as Recuva.

Make sure you're trying to save to a different drive than what you're recovering from, as well.

Make sure you're trying to save to a different drive than what you're recovering from, as well.

this is paramount for data recovery.

recuva is ok, a good first try with free software. not nearly as good as get data back or prosoft media tools.

as to the OP, i have no idea about the error you are getting but i suspect that it is because, shockingly, you don't have enough free space for whatever recovery you are attempting to do. remember that a recovery on a 300GB hard drive that only has 150GB of space used could still potentially be 300GB in size.

I click Save As and it still gives me that error. Which I figured would give me a directory path to save to. Considering my PC hard drive is smaller than my external drive. I'll scan a bit to get the error again and post the full error.

I tried Recuva and it wouldn't find the drive at all. I'm scanning an external uninitialized drive. I've tried a few other programs but none have worked as well as Recover My Files. Minus the error. I used one that saved them with all their file sizes but renamed them to File0001 and so on and didn't allow me to open them. It compressed the files allowing me to save on my PC but that's as close as I got to saving the files. But I'll get the error posted as soon as I can.

Well. It IS because I didn't have enough space. haha But NOW I click save and it says that I need the serial key. Fair enough. Thanks guys! haha

You could also try using a Linux LiveCD to see if you can recover your files before buying the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom