Battlefield Bad Company 2 for $19.95!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind too that BETA testing isn't just to find bugs. It's been mentioned that they are testing and tuning the servers, and a BIG part of it is to test how people play the game. The will plug obvious workarounds that aren't hacks or glitches, but just things people can find to give an unfair advantage. The bunny-hopping I mentioned about BF2 is a perfect example.

It was confirmed like last june or something that the game was being worked on already. I don't think they'd be making a game already that isn't going to come out for 4 years or something. How much time did they spend working on those other titles, a year?

1942: Sept 2002
1942 xpack 1: Feb 2003
1942 xpack 2: Sept 2003
Vietnam: Mar 2004
BF2: July 2005
BF2 xpack: Nov 2005
BF2142: Oct 2006
BF 2142 boost: Mar 2007

I'm going to assume this one has been in production for at least a year: Battlefield 3 – BF3

Ok, obviously games can't really be made in that short amount of time to meet today's standard's anymore, but come on.

As of now, EA hasn't stated a release date, but did state it will NOT be before April of 2011. People think Q1 2012.... just like BC2 is Q1 2010.

"In sum, PC, console, and portable software earned $10.5 billion in 2009, down 11 percent from the $11.7 billion brought in during 2008. Both portable and console software sales slid 10 percent on the year. On its own, US PC software sales fell 23 percent to $538 million. Notably, the NPD Group does not track software distributed through non-brick-and-mortar retail channels such as digital distribution"
Source: http://www.pcvsconsole.com/news.php?nid=3403

What this means is, expect them to design the game for a console release. Sources say it may be silly to release it on the 360/PS3 due to EA wanting to bring out the very best on consoles. This may mean a release for PC earlier than console, or it may mean EA will scrap the idea (Something nobody wants to have happen). There has been evidence BF3 is in the works, but EA has not given any true details about the game.

hahaha. If we all don't get emails within a few days, I'd say they are going to honor the pricing at least.

I just got an e-mail from them saying I have received a $5.00 gift certificate :| it didn't say why or anything..but I'm really starting to think something is wrong here.

$50 game for $20 and then giving out $5 free just for buying it? just doesn't sound good

^^Beat me to it^^

Well, this is neato. I just received a $5.00 gift certificate from B&N for no apparent reason. And an absurdly priced game. Wowzers.

You have received an Online Gift Certificate in the amount of $5.00 from
orders@gamestop.com.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have received an Online Gift Certificate in the amount of $5.00

AMOUNT: $5.00
GIFT CERTIFICATE NUMBER: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
PIN: XXXX

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cancellation inbound.

I made 2 separate orders (for a total of 4 copies) so I received 2 $5 gift cards. LOL.

I wonder if you can use them if you cancel your order? i smell ripping off lolololol

edit: but seriously..this makes it seem like they KNOW that it's a wrong price...but like they're going to wait till like the week of release to finally say it and say something like " you already received a $5 discount for error...so will you go ahead and buy it anyway?"

I might actually pass on the game if they try to pull this. If it gets really good ratings, I'll still get it though.

Well i went to cancel my order but it wouldn't let me on the status page because "this item is in the process of being shipped" so I logged into my bank account to cancel it that way to find out the "pending" charge is no longer there.... so is it not just showing or have they canceled them? I mean..it lists out of stock on the website..but how can a game that's not even retail yet be out of stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom