Battlefield 2 lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also any game while being frapsed is gonna lag terribly...looked at the video, I expected it.

but u got 15fps with a computer thats not as good and i got 3 and trotter i dont know how to tweak its so complicated can u tell me the bascics?

It's not really complicated, the guides are pretty thorough. Just be sure you read what each change does before you change it.

Getting Windows optimized will probably be your biggie. Not that you will be changing a lot of stuff, but a tweak here or there. The NVIDIA guide is really simple because of the latest drivers from NVIDIA. The BF2 guide is a walk-through of the settings in BF2... what to set High, what to set Medium. It also has some other things, like what files to change and such.

For example, I changed the extensions of almost all the movies. Now, when I launch BF2, I go straight to the login screen. I also don't have the movie playing behind the login, but a static image (MUCH shorter load time).

Don't let the reading scare you.

Just a thought... what programs/processes are you running in the background? BF2 is a hog, and doesn't like to share.

umm well ive tried running it with norton 2005 and bit comet but ive tried without those on also and still same lag

Definitely don't try to play with either of those running. Norton is as a big a hog as BF2, and BitComet will restrict your bandwidth (driving up your ping).

Open up Task Manager and kill all processes that are running under your user name (except for explorer.exe). This will stop all unnecessary programs. Then try running BF2.

Have you went through the guides yet?

Dude it's 128 bots, OF COURSE ITS GOING TO LAG.

Btw, Why is your screen ghosting so much, That would drive me insane.

ghosting?i think ur talking bout the part when i get hit by an explosion thats part of the game it goes blurry for a bit but it lasted longer cause of the lag and ive got the guide but i havent used it yet and ill kill any processes that are unneeded and try again but shouldnt i not even have to oc with a rig like this one?it really dissappoints me...

How about re-installing the game, i installed the game on my peice...and i was getting 5FPS.

REMEMBER, i'm only using a 4800+, 1 gig of ram, and a a crappy burned out 6600GT. Cool mod anyways.

Ok, i tried the game on my dad's monster, i was getting it running fine, the only problem i found was i was getting bot errors every 20-30mins, and when artillery strikes came down, it was cutting the FPS by like half.

TOP FPS: 57 FPS (Like 10 seconds into the game)
LOWEST: 2 FPS, TOTAL LAG! (during artillery)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom